Yesterday @ a dark cafe in Los Feliz: a prehistoric scent of dust and tobacco. Attorney wears the same checked suit that reeks of sweat as he always does. I wear my white Charles Anastase "Virgin Dress". With sleeves dipped in red wine I feel like a hurt fairy.
"Did you bring the guest list?" I ask him, like I'm talking about some fancy event and not the funeral of my granny. He hands me a soiled paper and I eye through it; me, Black, the gardener, a bunch of granny’s old friends, some distant relatives and HIS name. It hits me like a shot of absinthe. I just stare at a square of the attorney’s ugly suit.
“Are you okay, Miss?” The attorney asks me. I manage to nod.
“I'm… Great! Then I guess you have it all, I’ll call you if something comes up!”
He cheers and starts to wail towards his unexpectedly fancy car.
“Oh, I almost forgot. You're going to hold a speech” he says, turns around, hands me a paper and then walks away.
"Wait!" I shout. "This is just a blank paper." Attorney stops. But he doesn't look at me.
"All good speeches start that way." He says in a weird tone.

*

(But THAT name on the list. E Hunter. He was the love of my life. I’m confused. WHY would granny want HIM on her funeral? Is this how it is when people laughs from heaven?
I'll tell you more tomorrow. Hope you can HELP me sorting this out.)

14 comments:

  1. Well if you were feeling like a hurt fairy already, I suppose not much more damage could be done. Perhaps it'll do you well to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the things you write remind me of Russian literature. Not always, but sometimes; I guess different posts remind me of different nationalities. For a while, I felt like you and Black were one in the same (like a more rebellious side to your personality), but I see she's represented in photos. Sometimes I feel like you're sisters. Honestly, I love the mystery, and don't mind not knowing. As you can see, your blog makes me think. I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go and see him. Do you still have feeling for this person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh come on, why e hunter? this guy is so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your granny wanted to invite E Hunter because she knew that you still have feelings for him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are very much justified in your feelings, confusion is such a drain on all other senses. I hope you work it out soon. as for helping, im not sure this one is something we can assist you with unfortunately. obviously follow your heart. where else can you run to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aimee: problem is, i don't know where he lives or anything. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous #1: maybe. but i hope not, i think

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous #2: haha. there's a chance he's still a fun and funny boy/man. what do you want? more fashion, perhaps? X+love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paula: don't think my granny every knew about him. or, she did. she was ALMOST a magician.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey that's figaro right? :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete